Doing business in Europe can be highly rewarding. At the same time, operating in compliance with the continent's diverse local laws can present a serious challenge.
That's one reason so many American companies turn to EuroDev for guidance about VAT administration.
A dedicated EuroDev team can perform a number of tax-related functions. Among them are:
- Determining in which countries you have to register for a VAT number, and performing that registration.
- Filing VAT returns.
- Providing you with the correct filing documents and clear instructions about how to complete them.
- Communicating with local authorities on your behalf.
- Determining under what circumstances you can request VAT-free invoices if you trade with certain European countries, and administering the invoices for you.
- Explaining under what circumstances you're eligible to file for VAT returns, and performing the filings for you. For instance, U.S. companies are eligible for VAT refunds on expenses for attendance at and travel to many European tradeshows and conferences. Similarly, certain expenditures for professional services, the servicing or maintenance of equipment and machinery, and the delivery of goods to a third party can be eligible for VAT refunds. We can explain in detail what expenses qualify, and help you track them.
For more information about VAT administration, contact a Business Services representative.