Are you an experienced Sales Executive who can lead a dynamic team and meet ambitious targets? Know how to effectively streamline processes and optimize performance? Ready to take the next step in your career?
Our client, a multinational industrial supplies and logistics leader, has led the industrial minerals markets for over a century. Due to continued growth throughout the EMEA region, our client is looking for an EMEA sales director who will be responsible to lead new client acquisitions whilst fully satisfying the demands of existing consumers in the performance materials sector of the company.
This position will be responsible for the coordination and execution of sales activities across EMEA region and India. This includes management of the sales team overseeing diatomaceous earth (DE) and perlite sales, engineered clays, cristobalite and cool roof granule (CRG) product lines. Expectation for development and execution of sustained, profitable growth in territory and continuous cultivation of sales team to ensure performance is pushed to a high level of excellence.
This is a diverse role, and you will work with the internal team to maintain excellent growth in a position which currently generates over $40 million in annual turnover.
Expectation for development and execution of sustained, profitable growth in territory and continuous cultivation of sales team to ensure performance is pushed to a high level of excellence.
Ideally, you have a demonstrated background in sales in a similar industry and must be willing to travel as required to various locations throughout Europe, the Middle east and Africa. Travel will be up to 100% of the time.
- Lead performance materials direct and distribution EMEA sales team, providing day to day guidance and strategic vision for long-term growth of performance materials business.
- Manage key growth targets across all sectors. ensure growth is targeted in alignment with plant capacities. coordinate proper forecasting with plant on target ramp-up and ensure targets are properly captured in upcoming AOP.
- Coordinate with BD team on commercialization of new product portfolio. Cultivate targets and ensure product qualifications necessary for growth to accomplish AOP objectives.
- Drive growth through distribution network across all markets. Support sales team in development of distribution strategy and ensure alignment with global distribution strategy, maximizing efficiency of network for internal stakeholders and overall profitability of the distribution business.
- Manage all revenue and pricing activity. Challenge pricing norms and work to secure sustainable increases. Understand competitive pricing and value propositions. Anticipate threats and develop ongoing plans to protect contribution margin.
- Negotiate new and renew existing sales contracts. Identify vulnerable pieces of business to enter into long-term agreements with. time renewals to minimize competitive threats. Work to ensure pricing mechanisms are in-place to cover increasing costs.
- Business Development – Acquiring new clients and servicing existing clientele
- Taking warm leads from the business and helping turn them into revenue
- Efficient account management
- Strategic development of how best to approach the EMEA + India markets
- Once COVID restrictions lift, very regular international travel to meet key clients
- Supporting companywide initiatives
- Lead a team of 5 people, including directly managing the team lead, Field Sales & Key Account team and supervising their results
- Hold weekly team meetings to ensure team performance and goals are aligned with overall targets
- Report into the VP of Global Sales in the U.S.A, to align and share valuable insights
- Continually develop team members through internal training & coaching sessions, in-house and in the field
- Keep up to date with the latest market developments and competitor performance
- Identify, recommend and help design new ways of working in collaboration with the company’s partner network
Here are the skills and experience we need from you:
- 5+ years' experience in technical sales management role, with a preferred 3+ years' of EMEA leadership experience (preferably in a market with short sales cycles or in a similar industry) with proven success of penetrating new sales prospects and closing business.
- Master’s or MBA preferred, bachelor’s minimum in a technical or business discipline.
- In-depth experience with field sales and key account management, with strong computer skills and understanding of working in a Cloud environment.
- Experience in managing a dynamic sales team.
- Provide coaching to the team to improve performance.
- A customer-and people focused approach, optimising work processes across your job.
- Proven track record of making commercially sound decisions and maintaining consistent client growth (This will be the most important aspect).
- Fluent English. Excellent communication skills (C1+) in another language is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, results and customer orientation, perspective thinking, strong negotiation skills and flexibility.
- Proximity to major airport to optimize travel time, cost and ability to manage business and service customers.
- A valid driver's licence and liability insurance.
Here is our offer
When you join our client, you can expect the following:
- A very competitive salary package.
- A varied and vital leadership role in sales, with an international impact and character.
- Regular business-based travel.
- A dynamic & demanding work environment that will develop all your sales abilities.
- Fantastic team & company events.
- A competitive pension plan.
- Budget for internal & external training and conferences.
We are looking to have the position filled by June 2021.
European HR Consultant