EuroDev M&A has prepared a report of the M&A activity throughout the year 2018. It gives insights into the industry by providing information on the M&A development globally, in North America and in Europe. It is our pleasure to share this resource with you.
- Globally, there were 19,200 deals with a combined value of $3.5 trillion in 2018, which is 740 fewer deals, but a 11.5% increase in value compared to 2017.
- PE buyout activity reached a new post-crisis peak globally with 3,600 buyouts, an increase of 70 deals and a 3.5% uptick in value compared to 2017.
- In North America, 2018 was the fourth consecutive year in which the region’s overall M&A value exceeded $2 trillion, a YoY 20% increase.
- European M&A completed more than $1.0 trillion in total deal value. However, deal value appears to have peaked, after cresting $1.3 trillion in 2015 and 2016.
- Cross-border M&A activity fell in both regions in 2018, though deals were more abundant in Europe.
To read the full M&A activity report, click the image below or follow this link to access the full Whitepaper “M&A Review 2018”.
Would you like to learn more about how cooperation with EuroDev can contribute to your successful expansion into Europe? Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Gerben Groothuis, Managing Director M&A.