Technical Sales Manager
- 10 – 15 years of experience in biomass energy, biofuels and/or biochemicals with a wide range of established industry contacts and deep knowledge of the global wood bioenergy market and the biomass supply chain, as well as comprehensive and advanced knowledge of country and region-specific bioenergy legislation and renewable energy frameworks
- A proven track record of consultative, business-to-business sales
- Demonstrated skill set in the following areas: prospecting, account acquisition, consultative selling, written and verbal communication, presentation, negotiation, and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and competitive threats within the market
- Demonstrated understanding of the basic principles of descriptive statistics, using market information to improve business performance, and supply and demand economics
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with customers during the consultative sales process
- Strong written communications skills, including the ability to write proposals and other correspondence and assist with the creation of content to support marketing and public relations efforts
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems
- Ability to travel 50 % of your time to meet customers in support of business growth
- Bachelor or Master’s degree required
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
- Develop and implement sales strategies and plans to drive revenue growth and profitability
- Create strong, long-term relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels
- Communicate the company’s value proposition, technology and processes effectively
- Generate a sales pipeline through prospecting and maintaining accurate Account and Opportunity plans Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Provide sales proposals and develop new client contracts throughout Europe and Asia
- Provide assistance with contracts, contract renewals, data submissions and report delivery
- Work closely with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities
- Identify and solve client issues strategically
- Act as an industry expert, liaison and trusted advisor to both customers and the larger industry
- Represent Forest2Market at trade shows, trade association meetings, and industry meetings
The Sales Manager Bioenergy in Europe and Asia will expand Forest2Market’s well-established North American bioenergy practice into Asia and increase opportunities in Europe, driving revenue growth, profitability, and market share. The primary function of this role is to accelerate the growth of sales of project work in support of bioenergy, biofuels and biochemicals project developers, lenders, investors and traders. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, hands-on, self-starter who is energetic, persuasive and well organized. This is a home-office-based position that requires 50% travelling and will report to the VP of Global Sales.
Forest2Market®, Inc. offers site evaluation, feedstock resource assessments, supplier due diligence, bankable supply chain studies and strategic advisory services to the bioenergy sector. Leading bioenergy companies and their investors in Europe and North America have used Forest2Market’s proprietary data and analytics to make better-informed project development and acquisition decisions since 2008.
Interested? Please fill out the application form below.
For questions please contact Agnija Stropute, Junior HR Consultant or Florian Ropertz, Business Manager at: +31 (0)546-66 0000.
Glad to meet you
My name is Florian Ropertz and I am your point of contact for this position.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.