Sales Engineer - Automotive
Mag Specialties provides magnesium products with a wide range of applications—ranging from corrosion protection of water heater tanks and underground structures to aerospace, automotive and defence applications. A strong suite of capabilities is the foundation of our business. We have experience extruding over 9000 shapes and 20 different alloys, the most of any magnesium extrusion facility in the world.
We are in an exciting growth stage and are seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to establish our presence in the European automotive industry. This person will be home based but have regular interaction with some of the most experienced and dedicated employees in the magnesium industry.
Our solutions driven outlook means that beyond offering knowledge on our extrusion capabilities, we guide our customers through the entire life cycle of our products: from initial concept & design to alloy selection. We even advise customers on coating options for corrosion protection and how to recycle magnesium at the end of a process stream or at the end of its life cycle.
To succeed in this position, you must bring a combination of technical knowledge, understanding of the automotive industry and established business relationships with industry players. Your overall objective will be to develop sales in the automotive industry by 2020 that has progressed beyond prototyping stage.
- A university degree is required, with an undergraduate degree in Metallurgy / Material Science or Mechanical Engineering preferred. An advanced degree is considered a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience as a Sales Engineer within the automotive industry
- English and German language skills required
- Able to travel to customers and trade shows as required with occasional travel to the USA; total travel will be approximately 25-40%.
- Current with industry trends and emerging technologies
- Solution driven with a strong problem-solving mindset
- Effective communicator with solid interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with metal working processes-extrusions, machining and forming is an asset. Familiarity with metallurgy or experience with aluminium or other lightweight materials for the automotive industry would be ideal.
- A challenging opportunity to become part of our growth in an international environment
- A competitive salary & benefits package
- Training at our headquarters and manufacturing facility
How You Will Contribute
Business Development, Sales Pipeline and Forecast Management
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, product applications, markets and processes within the European automotive industry (Tier 1, OEM, etc.)
- Develop a market analysis and sales plan to grow business while ensuring profitability is in line with the company target margins for this industry
- Develop strategic relationship with key accounts by making periodic visits while exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities
- Participate in developing and implementing sales plans and targets to insure Company objectives are met
- Provide monthly sales forecasts relative to price and volume
- Participate in the annual business plan preparation
- Provide forecasting in support of Manufacturing, and Corporate planning
- Ensure the company receives payment from their respective accounts
Technical Guidance and Training
- Provide automotive customers sales engineering guidance from product cradle to grave. This requires working closely with customer to understand their engineering requirement in depth and collaborating closely with our Product Application Engineers, Technology Department and Operations in prototyping phase of project to initial production ramp-up and full-scale production
- Prepare technical presentations for automotive customers addressing their primary concerns and outlining light weighting solutions to meet their requirements. This can include analysis of properties required for desired part, alloy selection, post extrusion fabrication, forming, joining, coating and recycling solutions
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participation in professional organizations
Marketing and General Support
- Complete special projects as assigned by senior management, such as market studies and potential new product/application development
- Assist with marketing activities of the company including website, social media, brochures, tradeshows, and advertisement
- Assist in the development of technical white papers, webinars, and blogs targeted at the automotive market
To Apply: Fill out the application form below or email your English CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, contact Ms. Sandy Garcia, International HR Consultant at: +31 546 660000.