Senior Brake Applications Engineer - Europe
MGM Brakes is a global leader and original manufacturer of Spring Brake Actuators for commercial vehicles. In business since 1956 and strongly focussed on safety and durability in severe environments. To expand and develop our business in Europe we are looking for a:
SENIOR BRAKE APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
In this role you are responsible for providing advanced mechanical brake and technical capabilities to the European marketplace. The responsibilities include: familiarity with brake product development through production launch, providing technical leadership and effective project management of European programs, and assisting the Engineering department manager by providing back-up capabilities when required.
In order to be successful you will:
- Collaborate with Engineering, Sales and Marketing, Quality, Manufacturing and Purchasing in support of customer requirements
- Acquire customer brake component specifications and help select MGM product which meets these requirements
- Work with Engineering to develop product when needed.
- Support European Sales in facilitating customer orders from quote through delivery
- Provide regular verbal and written updates on engineering activity to MGM management including creating and conducting visual presentations
- Immediately informing MGM management of potential customer requirements or concerns and assisting in providing corrective action measures to address any identified customer needs
- Create the necessary engineering paperwork to initiate new projects, product changes or new releases completing the Engineering Project Request (EPR), Engineering Change Request (ECR), and Engineering Change Notice (ECN). This includes improvements or corrections to assembly drawings, bills of materials, checklists etc.
- Conduct technical reviews of supplier Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR) prior to production approval when required
- Conduct technical reviews of deviation requests when required to ensure it does not adversely affect product form, fit, function or safety
- Provide customer return and warranty technical analysis support when requested by the Engineering Test Lab or Engineering department manager
- Develop effective relationships with MGM suppliers solving technical supply base problems when required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution is required (advanced degree is a plus)
- A minimum of 10+ years working in the commercial vehicle industry with mechanical air brake systems
- Basic knowledge of commercial vehicle electronic systems and electrical troubleshooting is preferred
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering specifications and drawing requirements
- Experience with engineering drawing work using CAD and 3-D Modelling tools (experience in designing and modelling mechanical stampings, castings, springs, and rubber products is a plus)
- Experience with conducting basic design reviews including Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and conducting component tolerance stack-up analysis
- A working knowledge of MS Office and Project Management software tools
- Demonstrated effective leadership, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create and give presentations at executive level or customer meetings
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Ability to develop and maintain current product knowledge
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable working in a hands on industrial environment which requires use of basic hand tools and electrical diagnostic tools
- A challenging key-position in an international company with growth ambitions
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The position is home office based with a chance to travel internationally
- Extensive training in the US and support & guidance in Europe in your first period
Interested? Please fill out the application form below.
International HR Advisor
My name is Florian Ropertz and I am your point of contact for this position.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.