Area Sales Manager
Boyd Corporation has over 90 years of customer-focused performance success and is a global leader in advanced sealing, thermal management and protection solutions. We are strengthening our High Performance Aavid Thermal division in Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Switzerland and Belgium. We are looking for a:
AREA SALES MANAGER
High Performance Thermal Solutions
-Home office based OR in German office (Munich or Syke)-
In this role you are responsible for supporting the customer in the development of High Performance Thermal Solutions including design of systems using Heat Pipes, Liquid Coldplates, TECs, embedded Graphite etc . You will generate and convert sales opportunities into increased revenue that exceeds forecast by direct involvement and action in projects in the region consisting of Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Switzerland (German speaking regions) and Belgium (German speaking regions).
In order to be successful you will:
- Develop new business and manage key accounts
- Develop relationships with major OEM and CEM manufacturers in territory
- Act as principal point of contact for customers within agreed territories and function as the first line of technical solutions provider to the engineering teams within the customers.
- Manage effective communications between the customer and Boyd engineering personnel to ensure the highest levels of customer service are maintained at all times throughout the design and development process.
- Generate sales opportunities by direct action and collaborative technical presentations
- Produce timely quotations and maintain the inquiry process to optimise the conversion of technical proposals into orders.
- Assist in analysis of markets to identify technology trends, product opportunities and strategy
- Arrange and supervise participation in exhibitions and seminars
- Monitor, change and improve methods of selling and doing business
- Maintain a Salesforce.com listing of account activity, provide regular reports and make presentations to senior management.
- Engineering or technical degree with appropriate job experience in applicable discipline required.
- Understanding of various CAD packages required for design and thermal modelling preferred
- Language: Fluent in German and English required
- Minimum 5yrs in an outside sales position in a similar technical field
- Design or application engineering experience with exposure to customers in a customised, make to order engineering environment
- Experience in selling thermal solutions to OEM, Tier 1 and Tier 2 organizations in:
civil and defence avionics (aircraft and satellites), power electronics, medical device and testing, high-end automotive preferred, general defense industries
- Operating in a global manufacturing environment
- Experience in design and development of thermal management, particularly liquid cooling, heat pipe assembles, heat sinks, etc.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Opportunity to prepare Sales Forecasts, Budgets and Presentations
- 100% ownership of defined sales budgetary goals
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Some European travel required
The recruitment is done by EuroDev Services in Almelo, The Netherlands. Interested? Please apply with your English CV below.
For questions please contact Carolyn Hitchcock, International HR Advisor at: +31 546 660000.
International HR Advisor
Glad to meet you
My name is Florian Ropertz and I am your point of contact for this position.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.