EuroDev M&A has prepared a report suggesting mergers and acquisitions as a cure for the approaching downturns. It gives insight on how M&A can be a cure for companies in a difficult situation.
Key findings Mergers and Acquisitions:
The key findings of the report are the following:
- Forecasts of the next downturn vary, but many of them agree that a decline in the economy is coming.
- Companies should realize the current economic environment differs from 2008, when we experienced a recession. It is likely that the downturn will be less damaging.
- There is more money available for investments. These funds may be deployed in the direction of capital expenditures, R&D activities and mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- We expect to see the major players in slow-growing industries make offensive moves, pursuing scale. At the same time, we expect more heterogeneous deals.
- In terms of cross-border acquisitions, Europe is emerging as a preferred region for inbound acquisitions. This is due to favourably priced assets, caused by the weak Pound and Euro currencies.
To read the full report, click the image below or follow this link to access the full Whitepaper “M&A as a cure for approaching downturns”.
To find out more about mergers and acquisitions during economic downturns, feel free to reach out to us today.