Are you a driven and ambitious sales manager, operating in the European consumer goods sector?
As we have experienced experienced exponential growth in recent years and have the ambitions to significantly expand business in Europe, iDesign is looking for an experienced Sales Director/Senior Sales Manager.
iDesign is a housewares design company founded in the United States over 40 years ago. The company designs and develops innovative organisational and home décor solutions that help consumers live simply and beautifully. iDesign’s products and solutions span the entire home, including bathroom, kitchen, pantry, closet, laundry room and kids’ room. iDesign global leader with distribution facilities in the U.S., Europe and China, iDesign sells today to over 100 countries.
As Sales Director - Europe, you will work with the VP Sales EMAAP in building and promoting strong, long-lasting customer relationships in the region. Experience in CPG business operations, sales and marketing is critical to success in this role. This is a “home-based” position in mainland Europe or the UK, with a high level of travel around the European region, to trade shows and to global HQ.
Responsibilities will primarily involve the management and growth of the European market, with particular focus on traditional brick & mortar retail. The candidate will need to demonstrate a track record of success developing business across Europe, with a particular flair for presentation, negotiation and analysis
Key deliverables and responsibilities
- Deliver on budgeted sales and margin targets.
- Expand distribution base across bricks and mortar as well as e-commerce players across Europe.
- Manage relationships with current account base, maintaining a highly organised, professional and communicative approach with key customer contacts.
- Manage the account planning and budgeting process, building and implementing strong annual joint business plans with key accounts.
- Work with Sales VP, EMAAP to devise and set local pricing structures, both permanent and promotional, in order to deliver on company financial objectives whilst staying relevant to the competitive landscape.
- Understand, observe and feedback to the organisation key market and competitor activity, incorporating findings into commercial planning.
- Play an active role in the company’s product development process, providing valuable insights and ensuring launches are relevant for local markets.
- Participate in trade shows, exhibitions and local and international sales meetings where necessary.
Competences and experience
- Strong consumer goods sales and European account management (retail and e-commerce) experience.
- Demonstrable experience of opening and developing new major retail customers.
- Experience of working within, and developing, distributor managed markets.
- Category management experience with large diverse product portfolio.
- Strong commercial skillset including, forecasting, budgeting, pricing and promotional planning.
- Developed commercial acumen, including good understanding of the consolidated P&L.
- Non-food consumer goods experience and European retail relationships would be highly beneficial.
- Fluent English and French speaker, additional languages are also an advantage.
- Highly results-oriented with a focused mindset towards sales pipeline development and execution.
- Collaborative team player with excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work remotely, displaying strong self-motivational qualities.
- Ability to understand all-round business implications (operations, logistics, marketing, financial) of actions and opportunities.
- High energy levels. Resilient and tenacious.
- Strong bottom-line focus.
- Competitive remuneration
- A dynamic, ambitious and supportive work culture with a strong team ethic
- Real career advancement opportunities
- Independence and autonomy in role – this position will suit a strong self-starter
- A well-established and strong company background
- The position is home office based with extensive international travel
European HR Consultant