Since it was established in 1996, EuroDev has been the preferred European business development partner of more than 250 North American organizations. Today, our comprehensive suite of services includes buy-side consulting for private equity groups and their portfolio companies
A rewarding way to expand in Europe
Acquiring a European business can be a highly cost-effective way to access a new market. It can also be an excellent way to diversify product offerings, reduce operating costs or obtain valuable assets. However, it can be difficult to find appropriate targets without an intimate understanding of the marketplace.
That’s why so many companies turn to EuroDev’s M&A advisory service. We have the experience, knowledge and expertise to expertly guide cross-border acquisitions, from initial contact to closing.
What’s more, EuroDev can open doors you may not be able to open yourself. That’s because we speak the local languages of business owners and are sensitive to cultural differences—advantages that, while subtle, can mean the difference between a promising conversation and a closed deal.
The EuroDev difference
When you work with EuroDev M&A, you’ll enjoy:
- A customized strategic search to find the very best match for your needs
- Dedicated, multilingual team members who have contacts in a wide range of industries
- Advice from professional consultants who can draw on the expertise of our network of specialists and industry experts
- A single point of contact who’ll manage all processes, paperwork and communications
- Access to proprietary databases with exclusive information about a large number of European companies
- A process that’s cost-effective and efficient, since we’ll only present promising, highly qualified targets
- Improved market knowledge and a better developed European network as a result of having participated in our process
With EuroDev as your M&A partner, you’ll save time, money and effort. And, as with all EuroDev services, your affairs will be handled with the utmost professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
Interested in acquisition opportunities in Europe? Please feel free to get in touch.
Our proven M&A process
Determine acquisition criteria and desired corporate profiles according to criteria that include:
- Market segment
- Product portfolio
- Geographic location/operation
Analyze prospects according to parameters such as:
- Company size
- Market position
- Core competencies
Evaluate long-list members according to their:
- Target markets/key products
- Core competencies/business lines
- Financial performance (revenue/profitability)
- Ownership structure
- Target size
Approach short-list members to:
- Assess targets’ openness to selling
- Facilitate conference calls
- Analyze operations in greater detail
- Present non-disclosure agreements
- Arrange company visits
- Negotiate with targets on behalf of clients
- Structure and have signed letters of intent
Tie up loose ends by:
- Coordinating due diligence (e.g., financial, legal and tax issues)
- Helping prepare final documentation
- Closing the deal
Over the years, EuroDev has consulted for a number of U.S.-based private equity groups and their portfolio companies.
Past and current clients include:
- Aavid Thermalloy, a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity and a world leader in thermal management solutions. EuroDev M&A conducted a comprehensive acquisition search for European manufacturers of products such as heat sinks, fans, heat spreaders, liquid cooling products, cooling assemblies, interface materials and other devices that manage industrial temperatures. In May 2015, thanks to our efforts, Aavid acquired Kunze GmbH.
- The Hilsinger Company, a portfolio company of Bluepoint Capital that supplies eyewear as well as eye care accessories, supplies and equipment. EuroDev is currently researching European distributors and manufacturers of optical products that may be suitable acquisition targets for the company.
- Strategic Partners, a leader in the manufacturing and marketing of medical uniforms, medical footwear and school uniforms. Owned by New Mountain Capital, the firm recently engaged us to help it acquire a European company with a strong distribution network so that it can expand its footprint in the continent and capitalize on cross-selling opportunities.
- Dynatect, formerly known as A&A Manufacturing and a former portfolio company of Audax Private Equity. The company boasts more than 65 years experience in dynamic equipment protection manufacturing. We conducted a European buy-side search on its behalf, which resulted in the acquisition of Halltech in Germany in November 2012. A&A Manufacturing was sold to 3i Group plc in 2014.
- Precision Holdings, owned by Insight Equity and a recognized leader in precision contract machining, fabrication, assembly and 3D metal-printing services for the aerospace, defense, power generation, and oil and gas industries. As part of its international growth strategy, Precision Holdings has engaged us to help it acquire a complementary European company.
Let’s talk about Mergers and Acquisitions.
If you’re wondering whether now is the right time to expand to Europe, or what the benefits of working with EuroDev are, feel free to get in touch!
Managing Director M&A