Our client DriSteem designs and manufactures humidification systems to meet today's unique humidification requirements. Due to continued growth throughout Europe, DriSteem is looking for an Application Engineer EMEA who will be responsible to perform assigned product application and related sales support functions for all sales channels, including DriSteem’s agents, customers, and our own sales team to enhance the reputation and recognition of the company and its products, ensuring the highest level of professional relationship with clients.
The Application Engineer EMEA will be responsible for providing Technical and Application support through all phases of a project. You will work with DriSteem’s own sales team, agents, and customers to recognize Humidification projects in the Commercial and Industrial space. This will include the selection of products and preparation of technical proposals, quotations and related materials using state of the art tools. You will help to develop and review Marketing collateral and sales presentations for your local market. You will also be involved with post-sales support which could include start-up and commissioning or even troubleshooting issues in the field. You will also provide back up to our customer service team and support systems to manage order entry and order requests when required. You need to have or develop a deep understanding of how DriSteem products are applied in the field and their interaction with the entire HVAC systems.
Ideally, you possess a demonstrated background in sales, engineering, or technical support in a similar industry and you must be willing to travel as required to various locations throughout EMEA. Once COVID restrictions lift, you will travel +/- 40% of the time.
- Technical Degree in HVAC Design or Engineering preferred.
- Continuously promoting the quality and performance advantages of DriSteem products to ensure the retention and further penetration of profitable business.
- Performing as the secondary contact person for assigned sales representative accounts, if necessary.
- Working with Product Managers to approve Custom Order Requests.
- Fulfilling sales representative and consulting engineer training both on-site and remote.
- Identifying and understanding customer needs and providing knowledgeable assistance to help customers select correct products to serve their needs using our own selection tools (DriCalc).
- Making and receiving telephone calls and help to provide pre and post-sales support to own staff, agents and end users.
- Quotes accurate prices to all customers in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Provides a back up to customer service, writing orders and verifying information in accordance with sales policies and procedures prior to order entry.
- Reviewing customer purchase orders for accuracy and entering them into the DriSteem business system with the emphasis on specification credits, pricing.
- Processing (DMF’s) discount multiplier forms, change orders, wiring diagrams, (ETO’s) Engineered to Order forms.
- Making recommendations to improve existing products and their expansion in the vertical market applications for existing and new/improved products.
- Providing technical support on-site and remotely for product installation, commissioning and after-sales service requirements.
- Keeping respective managers informed about the important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
- Prior experience as an Inside Sales Representative, in Engineering, or other technical positions in other related manufacturing companies.
- Operational and technical knowledge of the DriSteem product line is preferred.
- Preferably 2 years or greater of related experience in HVAC, mechanical, building automation, or temperature control products.
- Strong sales, technical, analytical, administrative, and organizational skills.
- High energy and fast problem-solving ability.
- Self-starter, able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong oral and written language skills in English and German. Skills in an additional foreign language are a preference.
A visible Application Engineer EMEA position within an international company in which you can expect the following:
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- A highly committed team of colleagues
- The position is home office based with a chance to travel internationally
- Extensive training in the US and support & guidance in Europe in your first period
- Employment is done under local applicable employment conditions
European HR Consultant